Monday, October 31, 2011

Hodge Podge

the school across the street, from our kitchen table.
I've been told I need to do an update, but the reason I haven't done one in the last two weeks is because nothing exciting/noteworthy has happened.  So here is a hodge-podge of pictures I have taken... 

Here is my flat! I'm pretty sure I've already talked about it, but here it is again.  It's on the third floor of my building, with 3 bedrooms, one bathroom, a big living room and a great kitchen.  We're right next to an elementary school that is usually bustling with children from 9 am to nearly 6 pm, but luckily today and tomorrow are holidays so it is very peaceful.
our combo living room and dining table.

 
our kitchen!

  


here is a picture of the euro coins.  think there's enough different kinds?  There is 1 and 2 euro coin and then a zillion other tiny denominations. Apparently it's very convenient to have a 1 and 2 euro coin (like having a $1 and $2 coin), but I just think it's heavy.  It's deceiving about how much money you have too, but I guess in a good way. Because I had 9 euro in coins and didn't even realize it. 
 
This is called a "suso".  It's a lot like a Bavarian creme donut, but not a donut shape (obviously) with granulated sugar sprinked on top!  It only costs 90 cents, which is about $1 and this is just half of it. 


These are Maryland cookies. They only sell them in the UK and whenever I tell someone I'm from Maryland they go, "Oh, like the cookie!"  No, not like the cookie because we don't have them in the US.  When Lauren's boyfriend came for the weekend he brought me a package of the cookies so I could finally try them :)  They taste like chips a hoy cookies, but yummier!

1 comment:

  1. yumm all that food looks sooo good!
    your place is so pretty! looks like a good place to call home.

    that bull fight made me really sad, glad you didn't share the details... I def would have cried as well.

    hope everything is good!

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete