Friday, October 7, 2011

Whirlwind of a week

I had this whole blog post already written out and saved but it got lost somewhere in cyberspace, so here is a version of what I remember:

Hi :) Since it is probably just my family and friends back home reading this, thanks for being patient for me to take almost a week to write anything.
I've settled into an apartment that I found on my second day here and moved in on the third.  I found out about it through a friend of another teacher assistant (who at the time I hadn't even met yet.)  It's an amazing 3 bedroom, one bath flat with a padio that we've already comfortably squeezed 5 people into and huge ceiling to floor sliding doors that open up for a great breeze.  I am in a perfect spot for walking to my one school in about 30 minutes and another is a ten minute walk to the bus stop and then a 40 minute bus ride.  Those both might sound like a long time, but they pass by quickly, promise.

My classes range from really great to "I don't know how I'm going to survive a year of this", but luckily that's only one class and I hoping that it will get better throughout the year.  The teachers are all very nice and the students are in an amazing bilingual program and actually want to learn. Here's my schedule in case you want to be jealous of how much I have to do ;) Mondays 11:45-2:45, Tuesdays 1030-2ish, Wednesdays 8:15-11:15, Thursday 10:30-2ish, Fridays no class.

I have not done too much exploring yet, since I already know a lot of the city.  But this weekend I have plans to go to a nearby town and spend all day on the beach, it should be exhausting :) And hopefully by next month when my pay check gets to me I'll be able to plan some trips to other cities.

I'll try to add picture of my flat and neighborhood this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment